Leave Athens early in the morning to Delphi via the National highway, passing by the village of Arachova. Visit to the Museum of Delphi with its Spectacular finds including the World famous Charioteer, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos, the Ancient Sanctuary of the Greek God Apollo. Afternoon is free.
Delphi is one of the most visited archaeological sites in Greece and home of the well-respected oracle of the Ancient times. Marvel the Temple of Apollo, pass through Castalia Spring, whose waters said to be magical. After lunch the tour continues along the cities of Lamia (short stop), Trikala (located in the middle of Thessalian plain), and ends to Kalambaka ,a small town built on the slopes of the breathtaking rocks of Meteora.
Overnight at Kalambaka or Kastraki Village.
After breakfast, your driver will drive you up to Meteora Monasteries -built on the top of high rocks standing between earth wind and sky- for visit (2-3 of them) until lunch time in the afternoon.
After lunch you will start your way back to Athens. Driving back ,you might want to visit a factory of Byzantine icons (optional). Continue on to Thermopylae and make a stop for photos in the place where 300 Spartans sacrificed themselves fighting against a massive Persian army.
The tour returns to Athens late in the afternoon.
Alternative Tour Options:
There are so many other things to see in this area. Keep in mind that your driver is at your disposal, so if you would like to adjust the proposed itinerary at all, just let him know!
- Comfortable shoes for hiking are recommended for this trip.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
For visits to the monasteries, ladies are required to wear skirts and gentlemen need to be in long trousers.
There are plenty of opportunities to take photographs and videos on this tour, so be sure you have plenty of film and batteries and your cameras handy!
- This tour does not include entrance fees to any archeological site and museum, hotel accommodation, gratuities, or other client personal expenses. Driver’s hotel expenses are not included in the price but if we book the hotel our company use you can avoid this cost. If you wish to book your own hotels then you need to pay a room for the driver.
- Entrance fee to Delphi is 9 Euros pp.
- Entrance fee to each monastery is 2 Euros pp.
- Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
- Free admission on specific Greek holidays:
- January 1
- March 25
- May 1
- in the morning of Good Friday (April 18)
- Easter Sunday (April 20)
- December 25 and 26; no tours will be performed on those days.