Departing from Athens we drive westwards along the scenic coast, until we reach the Corinth Canal with its breathtaking views (short stop for pictures).
We continue on to reach the ancient town of Corinth, the place where St. Paul lived and preached for two years.In ancient times Corinth was amongst the richest cities and this is quite evident by its remains, including the huge ancient agora ( market place) and Apollo’s Temple (6th C.B.C).
Afterwards, driving through small villages,plenty of olive trees,vineyards and orange fields, we arrive at Mycenae. Mycenae was the powerful centre of the second half of bronze Age (1600-1100BC), with its awesome Cyclopean walls, its unique Lion’s Gate, Agamemnon’s palace and the treasury of Atreus.
Leaving Mycenae we continue to Nauplion, a beautiful seaside town extremely picturesque for lunch break.
After lunch, we continue our drive south to Sparta to reach Sparta and stay overnight.
After breakfast, your private driver will drive you to visit the remaining sites of Ancient Sparta (not much left unfortunately).
Afterwards we continue to the old Byzantine fortified town of Mystras until lunch time in the afternoon.
After lunch we will drive back to Athens ending a spectacular private tour to the land of legends.
Alternative Tour Options:
There are so many other things to see in this area. Keep in mind that your driver is at your disposal, so if you would like to adjust the proposed itinerary at all, just let him know!
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended. Sun glasses and sun screen are suggested.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
Walking: Difficult. The Byzantine state of Mystras and Mycenae may only be accessed by walking uphill.
There are plenty of opportunities to take photographs and videos on this tour, so be sure you have plenty of film and batteries and your cameras handy!
- This tour does not include entrance fees to any archeological site and museum, hotel accommodation, gratuities, or other client personal expenses. Driver’s hotel expenses are not included in the price but if we book the hotel our company use you can avoid this cost. If you wish to book your own hotels then you need to pay a room for the driver.
- Entrance fee to Corinth is 6 Euros pp.
- Entrance fee to Mycenae is 9 Euros pp.
- Entrance fee to Mystra is 5 Euros pp.
- Free admission for:
- Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age)
- University students from Greece and the E.U
- Free admission on specific Greek holidays:
- January 1
- March 25
- May 1
- in the morning of Good Friday (April 18)
- Easter Sunday (April 20)
- December 25 and 26; no tours will be performed on those days.