Pick up from your hotel and PrivateToursAthens will drive you westwards along the scenic coast, until we reach the Corinth Canal with its breathtaking views. Shortly we will reach the ancient town of Corinth where St. Paul lived and preached for two years. In the ancient times Corinth was amongst the richest cities and this is quite evident by its remains, including the huge agora (market place) and Apollo’s Temple (6th C.B.C) brief stop at the site of the ancient port of Kechreai where St. Paul disembarked.
We continue on to visit Mycenae, the remains of the Mycenaean ancient city, including the lioness’s gate,the tomb of the Mycenaean king Agamemnon and the Palace.
Afterwards your chauffeur we’ll drive through Argos on to Nauplio, for lunch.
After lunch depart for Olympia through the picturesque mountains of central Peloponnese (Arcadia) with a short stop at Langadia Village till you reach Olympia early in the evening.
- 08:00 Our tour starts from Athens
- 09:15 Arrival at Corinth Canal (20min stop)
- 10:15 Arrival at Ancient Corinth (1.5hours stop)
- 12:30 Lunch time
- 14:30 Arrival at Mycenae (1.5Hours stop)
- 19:00 Arrival in Ancient Olympia and overnight stay
In the morning visit the archaeological site incliding the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the ancient stadium and the archaeological museum till lunch time in the afternoon.
After lunch we start our way back to Athens.
- 09:00 Ancient Olympia sightseeing after breakfast (3hours time)
- 12:30 Lunch time
- 14:30 Departure for Athens
- 18:00 Arrival in Athens
Alternative Tour Options:
There are so many other things to see in this area. Keep in mind that your driver is at your disposal, so if you would like to adjust the proposed itinerary at all, just let him know!
- There are plenty of opportunities to take photographs and videos on this tour, so be sure you have plenty of memory cards and batteries, and your cameras handy! Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Comfortable shoes for walking are essential for this trip. Sun glasses and sun screen are suggested.
- This tour does not include entrance fees to any archeological site and museum, meals, hotel accommodations, gratuities, or other client personal expenses. Driver’s hotel expenses are not included in the price but If our company book the hotels we use frequently you can avoid this cost. If you wish to book your own hotels then you need to pay a room for the driver.
- Admission Fees for Sites and Museums: (Tickets available only at the ticket office)
- For the Archeological site of Ancient Corinth: Full: €6, Reduced: €3
- For the Archeological site of Mycenae: Special ticket package: Full: €9, Reduced: €4
- For the Archeological site of Ancient Olympia: Full:€9, Reduced: €4
- Free admission days:
- 6 March (in memory of Melina Mercouri)
- 5 June (International Enviroment Day)
- 18 April (International Monuments Day)
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- Every first Sunday from November 1st to March 31st
- 27 September, International Tourism Day
- 28 October
- Reduced admission for:
- Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
- Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
- The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
- Free admission for:
- Young people, under the age of 18, after demonstrating the Identity Card or passport to confirm the age
- Cultural Card holders
- Journalists with a journalist identity card
- Persons accompanying blind and disabled
- Persons possessing a free admission card
- The escorting teachers of schools and institutions of elementary, middle school, high school, university and graduate level education during their visits
- University students and students at Technological Educational Institutes or equivalent schools of Member – States of the European Union and students at Schools of Tourist Guides, by showing their student ID