Start early in the morning from your Hotel, and driving along Attica western coast we reach at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height) for a short stop at this breathtaking sightseeing. We continue on through the mainland passing through small villages, olive groves, vineyards and after a while we reach Mycenae. Mycenae “Rich in Gold”, the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon, first sung by Homer in his epics, is the most important and richest palatial centre of the Late Bronze Age in Greece.
We finish the first day of our tour at the most romantic town of Greece, the seaside town of Nafplio, where you can visit its Castle, that you can reach climbing 999 steps (for hiking lovers) or have your driver drive you up to the main entrance, or even take the small boat and visit “Bourtzi” the fortress at the entrance of the harbor, that is also the trademark of the town. Free time to explore this wonderful city during the afternoon and the night, as we overnight at Nafplio.
- 8:00 Our tour starts from Athens
- 09:15 Arrival at Corinth Canal (20min stop)
- 10:15 Arrival at Ancient Corinth (1.5hours stop)
- 12:00 Lunch time
- 14:30 Arrival at Mycenae (2Hours stop)
- 17:00 Arrival in Nafplion and overnight stay
Morning free for you to explore the old part of the city until lunch time in the afternoon.
After lunch, we continue our tour with a visit to Epidavros, the most widely famed sanctuary of Asklepios, the god of healing and visit to the Ancient Theatre, which is the most preserved theatre of the ancient world.
Back in Athens in the early evening.
- 09:00 Visit Palamidi castle (1hour stop) and free time in the city
- 13:00 Lunch Time
- 15:00 Arrival at Epidaurus Theater (1.5hours stop)
- 16:30 Departure for Athens
- 18:30 Arrival in Athens city
Alternative Tour Options:
There are so many other things to see in this area. Keep in mind that your driver is at your disposal, so if you would like to adjust the proposed itinerary at all, just let him know!
- There are plenty of opportunities to take photographs and videos on this tour, so be sure you have plenty of memory cards and batteries, and your cameras handy!Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Comfortable shoes for walking are essential for this trip. Sun glasses and sun screen are suggested.
- This tour does not include entrance fees to any archeological site and museum, meals, hotel accommodations, gratuities, or other client personal expenses. Driver’s hotel expenses are not included in the price but if our company book the hotels we use frequently you can avoid this cost. If you wish to book your own hotels then you need to pay a room for the driver.
- Admission Fees for Sites and Museums: (Tickets available only at the ticket office)
- For the Theater of Epidaurus: Full: €5, Reduced: €2
- For the Archeological site of Mycenae: Special ticket package: Full: €9, Reduced: €4
For the Archeological site of Ancient Corinth: Full: €6, Reduced: €3
For the Palamidi Fortress: Full: €4, Reduced: €2
- Free admission days:
- 6 March (in memory of Melina Mercouri)
- 5 June (International Enviroment Day)
- 18 April (International Monuments Day)
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- Every first Sunday from November 1st to March 31st
- 27 September, International Tourism Day
- 28 October
- Reduced admission for:
- Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
- Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
- The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
- Free admission for:
- Young people, under the age of 18, after demonstrating the Identity Card or passport to confirm the age
- Cultural Card holders
- Journalists with a journalist identity card
- Persons accompanying blind and disabled
- Persons possessing a free admission card
- The escorting teachers of schools and institutions of elementary, middle school, high school, university and graduate level education during their visits
- University students and students at Technological Educational Institutes or equivalent schools of Member – States of the European Union and students at Schools of Tourist Guides, by showing their student ID