Your itinerary is your own. Stop and start as you like or use your driver for his knowledge of the area, which he knows very well. Your private driver is able to discuss a program best suited to your interests and mobile abilities.
Visit whatever locations pique your interest: Acropolis / Parthenon is certainly worth a stop, see the evzones in their picturesque uniforms at the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier and at the Presidential Palace.
For your guidance, we have listed the top attractions in Athens to choose from:
- New Acropolis Museum
- Syntagma Square and monuments
- Plaka area
- Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch
- Old Olympic Stadium
- Ancient Agora
- National Archeological museum
- Lycabettus Hill
- Roman Agora
- Monastiraki Flea Market
- Museums in Athens:
- Benaki Museum
- New Acropolis Museum
- National Archeological Museum
If you are interested in seeing something particular or dining at a specific restaurant, please let us know and we will make those arrangments for you.
Alternative Tour Options:
There are so many other things to see in this area. Keep in mind that your driver is at your disposal, so if you would like to adjust the proposed itinerary at all, just let him know!
- Comfortable clothing and sensible, flat-soled walking shoes are recommended. Sun glasses and sun screen are suggested.
- Walking: Difficult.To climb up to the Acropolis, guests must be able to walk over paved, inclined paths, some with steps, then climb a series of steps to reach the propylea. The walking surfaces on top of the Acropolis are uneven.
- Disabled access at the Acropolis is provided by a wheelchair stair climber lift elevator.Please do keep in mind that this is an elevator strictly available to disabled visitors only.
- visitors using a wheelchair or some other kinetic equipment,
- visitors with some kind of physiopathological situation that affects their kinetic ability either permanently or temporarily and
- visitors that have a certified rate of disability whether this is affecting their kinetic ability or not.
- The New Acropolis Museum is closed on Mondays.
- Benaki Museum is closed on Mondays and Tueasdays.
- We do our best to ensure that every stop desired is available for you. There are some times when a site or building is closed at the last moment with little to no warning. We assume that those in charge make those decisions based on external information and for the visitors’ safety and we apologize when this causes inconvenience and disappointment.
- It’s always a great idea to bring a bottle of water and sunscreen with you because in the warmer months it becomes quite hot and sunny.
- A hat to protect your head and shade your face is also recommended when spending a significant amount of time in the sun.
- The area around the Acropolis Hill and Syntagma Square (changing of the guards) can become quite crowded, especially during the peak travel months, so be aware of your surroundings and keep your belongings close to you.
- Do not accept ‘gifts’ from street vendors approaching tourists. They may offer you roses, but if choose you accept, you will be expected to pay or give a tip for them.