By booking service with PrivateAthensTours and through this website, you agree to have Read, Understood, and fully Accept All Terms of Service listed below. It is your responsibility to ensure that services and information provided by PrivateToursAthens on this website meets your precise requirements. If you disagree with any parts of our terms of service, please DO NOT proceed to use this website.
-Once you have confirmed a reservation with us, you are legally bound to a contract with us
-Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Greece and by booking with us,you hereby submit to the giurisdiction of such courts for such purposes.
-For additional information that may be helpful to our clients, links to other websites may be available on this website and blog. These links are not intended to be endorsements of those websites, nor do we accept any responsibility for content or activity on linked websites.
-Linking to this website from any other websites is strictly forbidden without prior written consent from privateToursAThens.
-This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than solely for personal and non-commercial use on your own personal computer or mobile device and not shared publicly. Some Photographs and Videos on this website are copyrighted and property of PrivateAthensTours.
Information our clients are required to share with PrivateToursAthens (full name, email address, contact telephone number, flight information, etc) is protected and strictly private to be used only as necessary information in order to provide adequate service. It will not be shared with outside parties, made public by any means, or used in any way not originally intended.
BOOKING YOUR RESERVATIONS
Please allow up between 1-2 business days for all email inquiry replies and service confirmations.
If you are a current client and your email requires immediate attention due to any emergencies, please indicate in the subject line: URGENT.
* Service is provided based on availability. Please note availability is unpredictable can change from moment to moment based on the reservations we receive. We cannot guarantee availability in advance, only when the service is actually booked.
Re-Confirmation of Service
* We cannot re-confirm services by phone as it requires extra time to look up your information and it may not be done instantly. In order for us to better assist you, please re-confirm only via Text Message to the contact telephone number provided to you, or Email. Please provide your Full Name of the service you would like to re-confirm.
* If you need to make CHANGES IN YOUR RESERVATION, please CANCEL your current reservation and REBOOK your service with your new information. This is important so you service information is correct in our system which dispatches the service.
* FOR LAST MINUTE CHANGES such as change in pickup or arrival time, please inform us of the new information via Email, Telephone Call or text message, and include your full name on the reservtion and reservation number. If you email us, please mark URGENT in the subject line otherwise you may not receive a reply in time as emails are answered in order they are received. Emails marked URGENT receive priority and answered as quickly as possible. If you don't hear from us in time, please call us instead as likely we may have not received your email. To avoid miscommunication which will result in incorrect service, we don't advise making changes through 3rd party persons (concierge, driver, friends, family). Last minute changes made less than 24 hours in advance are confirmed only upon availability.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
* The price of the tours includes private vehicle with a professionally licensed English speaking Driver and/or tour guide (for guided tours), Greece VAT tax, fuel, insurance, and parking fees.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
* Tour prices do include entrance fees to monuments, museums, or any other sites visited, lunch, gratuities, or other client personal expenses, except otherwise stated.
* Our vehicles are regularly maintained for optimal safety and performance at Mercedes Centers that are up to industry standards. By booking any services via this website you accept that vehicles are mechanical objects subject to various unpredictable malfunctions that can happen unexpectedly during your service. At no time will you hold PrivateToursAthens responsible or liable for any vehicle malfunctions mechanical or otherwise or issue public complaints for matters beyond our control.
* NO SMOKING, EATING, OR DRINKING FROM OPEN CONTAINERS INSIDE THE VEHICLES
In order to maintain a fresh and clean vehicle for all our clients to enjoy throughout the day, smoking, eating or drinking from cups or other open containers (cans or coffee cups) that are susceptible to spillage is not permitted inside the vehicles. Bottled beverages that can be closed tightly with a cap are welcomed. Please treat the vehicle with respect as to not cause any damage to it. Thank you for your cooperation.
Modes of Payment:
We accept the following modes of payment:
* Euro funds to be paid to the driver at the end of the tour service
* Advance payment via PayPal. If you wish to pre-pay by PayPal, please provide us with your email address associated with your PayPal account and we will issue an invoice for the service.
Please have a printed copy of the prepayment voucher to present to your driver on the day of the tour.
* We do NOT accept Credit Card payments and the vehicles are not equipped with portable credit card facilities.
Don’t worry, we never ask for your personal credit card information, require advance payments, or penalize you for cancellations. We operate on the honor system, so we kindly ask that cancellations be made at least 7 days in advance so we have the opportunity rebook your service and your reserved driver does not lose work for that day. Thank you for your kind cooperation.
If you pre-paid for your tour via PayPal, please cancel at least 7 days in advance to receive full refund (minus the PayPal transaction fee)
ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING VIA EMAIL and confirmed by us so your cancellation will be on record. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CANCELLATIONS BY PHONE, TEXT MESSAGE, OR 3RD PARTIES.
Terms of Service for Tours and Shore Excursions
We have been providing shore excursions and transfers to cruise passengers for nearly 20 years. While we make every effort to return you to your ship on time, there can, in extreme circumstances, be incidents completely out of our control which might delay your arrival back at the port. For this reason, we recommend passengers return to the port at the recommended time indicated by your tour driver, and buy travel insurance to provide extra security in the unlikely event of a missed boarding. Your booking with us serves as an acknowledgment that you accept the terms of service and have made the necessary arrangements to minimize disappointments while traveling, and you absolve PrivateToursAthens of any liability due to circumstances beyond our control including and not limited to traffic difficulties, mechanical malfunctions, and weather conditions.
We only accept passengers for shore excursions that are booked in advance.Any last minute additions to the number of passengers must be submitted at least 48 hours in advance so we can update your reservation and revise the new price of the tour. In order to comply with Port Authority and security, we can only transport the number of passengers declared in the reservation voucher we have to present when asked by security.
Touring with Children
Tours offered are geared toward adult participants and interest as the content and commentary during chauffeured tours and private guided tours may include subjects such as History, Ancient Athens, Architecture, Culture, and other subjects that children may or may not find interesting. The tours provided are not geared toward interests of children.
If you are interested in "kid friendly' activities we can suggest other venues you can explore separately during your stay in Athens that are more suitable for children. The tours we offer are rich in historical and cultural content that is most understood and appreciated by adults who share such interests.
Drop off at attraction sites
Your driver will drop you off as close to the sites you are visiting as legally possible according to traffic laws of Athens. We cannot stop directly next to historic sites as it would be a traffic violation.
Your Tour Driver
You are provided a private tour with a Driver who is NOT a Licensed Tour Guide and will not provide services of a guide.
Greece has strict laws and regulations in place to protect licensed tour guides, this it makes it unlawful for Tour Drivers to offer commentary about sites outside the vehicle. In order for us to comply with Hellenic laws, Tour Drivers may not tour our guests near or inside monuments, museums, churches or piazzas.
Your Tour Driver will provide limited commentary and basic information only while at the vehicle.
Only licensed Tour Guides may accompany or guide you at the sites you visit.
* For your safety inside the vehicle, drivers provide commentary only when it is deemed safe to do so while driving. When your driver must concentrate during various driving conditions, please refrain from any distracting behaviour as your safety during the tour is our top priority.
When it's not possible to offer commentary while driving, the driver will provide commentary once the vehicle is stopped near the sites you will visit.
* Your tour driver is native Greek, therefore English will not be spoken with the perfection or fluencency of a native English speaker.
* Ambience Inside Your Vehicle
If you have preferences regarding A/C, heat, music, or typically experience motion sickness while driving, please feel free to let your chauffeur know immediately so he/she can accommodate your needs. If you do not make your needs known to your driver he or she would not know in order to make your transfer more comfortable.
* If you have difficulty hearing your driver speak, please ask him or her to speak louder.
Only licensed tour guides or licensed tour companions are lawfully permitted to use microphones and audio system inside the vehicle.
HANDS FREE CELLPHONE USE FOR WORK
According to Greek law, professional drivers are permitted to use their hands free cellphones for work related issues. From time to time you driver may need to make and answer calls as it is part of our job.
Transfer Reservations Requests must be placed at least 24 hours in advance.
Reservation requests made less than 24 hours cannot be confirmed as it takes up to 24 hours to process reservation requests.
* For arrival transfers to Athens Airport, you must provide your flight number . We do not guarantee accuracy of sevice if you do not provide us with your correct flight Number.
* We do not accept reservations by telephone, through concierge, or via your transfer chauffeur. Placing a reservation by any other means other than through our website's Booking Form places you at risk of your reservation not being properly secured and service not provided.
AIRPORT MEETING POINT and MEETING TIME
Your chauffeur will arrive at the Meeting Point for your airport pick up 30 minutes after your scheduled flight arrival time, according to the flight information provided to us by the airport and/or airline. This will give you plenty of time to pass through Immigration and Customs and retrieve your luggage.
Please Note that in case the Meeting Point is crowded with other drivers or it is not possible for us to stand there, your chauffeur will still be in the general waiting area holding a sign with your name.
* Chauffeurs are not permitted to wait for clients in restricted areas such as baggage claim.
AIRPORT WAITING TIME
Your chauffeur will wait at the airport no more than 1 hour and 10 minutes after your flight's arrival, unless you contact us regarding airport or luggage delays within the first hour. We will retain your driver longer than 1 hour and 10 minutes only if we are promptly notified of any arrival changes. We can not guarantee car service if we do not hear from you within 1 hour of your flight 's arrival.
EARLY ARRIVAL FLIGHTS
If your flight arrives unexpectedly much EARLIER than the originally scheduled arrival time you booked with us, you will be required to wait for the originally scheduled pick up time. There are cafes available near the Meeting Point where you may enjoy a coffee or pastry while you wait. We only guarantee service for the originally scheduled flight arrival time.
LATE ARRIVAL FLIGHTS
If your flight is cancelled, if you missed your flight, or will be arriving with a different flight and at a different time or different terminal, please call or text message us at the number we provide you with updated information immediately. If you cannot call, send us an email marked URGENT in the subject window. Emails are read between 10 AM- 10 PM.
Failure to notify us of any delays may result in our inability to provide you with car service. We do not provide service for cancelled flights.
FLIGHTS ARRIVING MORE THAN 1.5 HOURS LATE
If your flight arrives later than 1.5 hours of the original flight arrival time, or you experience luggage issues that delay your exit more than 1.5 hours from the arrival time, please note that we will provide airport pick up service only according to our availability and it may require that you wait for the first available driver to arrive at the airport if one is not available for your delayed arrival time. You will be informed of the estimated wait time in advance as we will do our utmost best to have a driver reach you as quickly as possible to minize the wait.
We can only guarantee on-time service for the time originally booked time. For any last minute changes and delays, service will be provided upon availability.
During the peak travel months of April to November, we operate on a full schedule of contracted services that we are obligated to honor at specific times, therefore we can only accommodate extensive flight delays as our schedule permits. We will do our best to accommodate your late arrival to the best of our ability, availability, and possibility, but please know we can only guarantee airport pick service when clients arrive at the Meeting Point within 1.5 hours of the originally scheduled arrival time.
If you arrive at the airport on a delayed flight and do not see a chauffeur at the Meeting Point with a sign bearing your name, please call us at the number you are provided with and we will send you our first available chauffeur. There are cafes at the Meeting Point areas where you may enjoy a beverage, pastry, and have a seat.
DO NOT EXIT AIRPORT WITHOUT YOUR CHAUFFEUR:
If at the airport you are unable to spot your driver, please do NOT exit or leave the airport. Call us at the number we provide you with and we will help you locate your driver, or vice versa. If you do not have an internationally operating cell phone, there are pay phones available inside the airport that are both coin and credit card operated.
* GREECE HIGHWAY SPEED LIMITS:
Please be advised that legal speed on Greece's highways/motorways may be higher than in many other countries. The standard legal speed on Greek motorways is 130 Kim (80 miles per hour).Your chauffeur will safely obey the legal speed as electronic speed checks are implemented throughout by the state to catch speeders .
IMPORTANT: If legal driving speed makes you feel uncomfortable, it is your obligation to inform your driver, and if it is safe to drive at a lower speed your driver will oblige. It is important to note that driving far below the speed recommended by Greece state troopers (110-120 km) can become a traffic hazard as other vehicles try to overtake slower moving vehicles.
* EXTRA SERVICES RECEIVED FROM YOUR CHAUFFEUR
Please note that any extra services your chauffeur may provide in addition to what we promise to deliver: a punctual, safe, reliable and courteous transfer in a comfortable vehicle is solely at the discretion and ability of your chauffeur and offered in hopes of receiving a gratuity for the extra services he or she provided, it is not mandated by PrivateToursAthens and has no reflection on services that PrivateToursAthens promises and guarantees to provide.PrivateToursAthens accepts no responsibility or complaints if your chauffeur cannot or does not provide extra services beyond what he is required in order to fulfill our commitment of service.
* We do not tolerate inappropriate, abusive, rude, harassing, or disrespectful behavior by any passenger towards our chauffeurs and staff either in person, over telephone or email. We reserve the right to refuse service at any time (including during transfer service) to any person we deem behaving inappropriately, is intoxicated by alcohol or illegal substances, excessively disturbs the chauffeur while driving in ways that could potentially present a safety risk.
Any problems during your tour or transfer?
If you are experiencing any issues or problems during the tour or transfer, please call us at the telephone number provided. If you do not have a working cellphone, please ask your driver to call the office from his cellphone so we can help you and resolve any issues you may be experiencing.
If you experienced any issues during your tour and did not call the company during the tour to rectify the situation, you agree to inform the company by email of the issues you experienced and allow the company reasonable attempts to resolve your issues satisfactorily before publishing any complaints anywhere publicly, including social sites, peer review sites, blogs, and any other areas on the Internet. If the company resolves your issues satisfactorily and the matter is resolved, you agree to refrain from publishing any negative comments, ratings, or reviews about PrivateToursAthens on the internet or otherwise. Failure to honor this agreement is considered a violation of contract and the terms which you agreed prior to booking your service and entering a legal contract with PrivateToursAthens.
* If you have any questions regarding our Terms and Conditions or there is something you do not understand, please feel free to ask us via email at and we will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
If you disagree with any parts of our terms of service, please DO NOT proceed to use this website.